Have you been diagnosed with prediabetes and looking to delay or prevent the onset of type 2 diabetes?
The diagnosis of prediabetes must be taken seriously. It means you’re on your way toward developing type 2 diabetes which increases risk of heart disease, stroke, and other poor health conditions. The good news is that thru diet and exercise one can delay or prevent the onset of type 2 diabetes in a prediabetic.
Here are some tips to help get you started:
- Create a meal plan that is low carb
- Cut down on simple carbohydrates like sugar, sweets and chips
- Eliminate sweetened beverages
- Wipe out “empty white” foods such as white pasta, rice, and crackers
- Think “whole” as in grains like quinoa and brown rice
There’s more you can do to change course where prediabetes is concerned. If you are preparing food for your family while you’re working toward a better diet, ask them to join you on your journey. You’ll be helping them, while they’re supporting you.